VMware® vCloud Director® orchestrates the provisioning of software-defined datacenter services to deliver complete virtual datacenters for easy consumption in minutes. Virtual datacenters provide virtualized compute, networking, storage, and security so that administrators can provision the complete set of services necessary to make workloads operational in minutes without worrying about the physical configuration of hardware. Meeting the self-service demands of the market, vCloud Director provides Evolve IP customers with ultimate control and scalability over their virtual servers through an easy-to-learn and user-friendly interface.
Features of vCloud Director:
- Virtual Data Centers: Virtual datacenters are complete sets of software-defined services that include compute, storage and networking capacity to enable complete separation between the consumption of infrastructure services and the underlying hardware.
- Snapshot and Revert: Unwind changes made to a virtual machine for rapid destructive testing without the need to re-provision multiple times.
- vApp Catalog: Multi-tier applications can be deployed and consumed as pre-configured virtual appliances containing virtual machines, operating system images, and other media with the click of a button from catalogs. This enables IT to standardize offerings, simplifying troubleshooting, patching, and change management.
- VMware vCloud API, OVF, and Custom Extensions: The vCloud API is an open, REST-based API that allows scripted access to cloud resources, such as vApp upload and download, catalog management, and other operations. The vCloud API makes basic transfer between clouds possible using OVF, which preserves application properties, networking configuration and other settings.
Benefits of vCloud Director:
- Rapidly deploy and build servers in minutes
- Easily manage server inventory
- Effortlessly add CPU, disk, or RAM in seconds
- Easy-to-use console for direct access
- Provides email notifications and disk space alarms
- Add users with granular access